Letitia Marion Hamilton was a landscape painter born in Dunboyne, Co. Meath. Her education took place in Alexandra College, Dublin and then at the Dublin Metropolitan School of Art. She also studied under Frank Brangwyn in Belgium and at the Slade School of Fine Art, London.
From 1902-1964, Letitia exhibited at the Water Colour Society of Ireland exhibitions and in 1909 she first began exhibiting her work in the Royal Hibernian Academy. In 1920, Hamilton was a founding member of the society of Dublin Painters and was appointed an associate of the Royal Hibernian Academy in 1934, later becoming a full member.
Despite her chosen form of medium, Hamilton travelled widely with her materials that were not so easily transported.